Finalist Review Meeting
At this meeting, the Committee shall:
- Review representative images, resumes, and references for each finalist;
- Review a proposal or presentation from each finalist; and
- Make final artist or artwork(s) selections.
Before the Proposals or the Presentations, the Committee shall review representative images of the finalists' artwork and their resumes. Each finalist shall be given the same amount of time to present his/her Proposal for artwork or to make a Presentation of their qualifications. This time shall include a question and answer period for the Committee. If a finalist presenting a proposal is unable to attend the meeting in person, the ASB Administrator may present his/her proposal; however, the finalist must be available to answer Committee questions (by phone, facsimile, email, etc.). After all Presentations or Proposals, the Committee shall attempt to reach a consensus decision through a thorough discussion of the artist(s) and/or artworks.
If a consensus cannot be reached, a vote shall be taken, with the majority carrying the decision. Each voting Committee position shall have one vote and all Committee members must be present in order to vote. Voting members who are unable to attend should send a qualified substitute, if possible.
Finalist Review Guide
The Presentations or Proposals shall be reviewed, considered, and discussed by the Committee, based on the following criteria:
- Has the artist completed other public commissions on a similar scale and, if so, were they part of a government program?
- Did the references supplied by the artist substantiate that he/she is qualified and appropriate for the project?
- Have all the required materials been submitted?
- Has the artist addressed any specific Committee concerns, such as specifications for media or dimensions?
- Does the proposed artwork relate to the site?
- If the work is site-specific, does it provide for collaboration between the artist and the architect to promote the integration of the artwork and the site?
After the artwork is selected, the ASB Administrator shall complete the Selection Detail Form, which provides the artist's name, address, telephone, and email, as well as a complete description of the selected artwork(s) and purchase price and/or commission amount.
The User Agency Representative may veto any selection made by the Committee. All Committee selections shall be approved by the signature of the User Agency Representative and the Project Director on the Committee Meetings Report. If no artists are selected, the art selection process shall start over from the beginning.