Upon completion of the Selection Process, the ASB Administrator shall:
- Complete the required forms; and
- Assemble forms and images of the artwork into a record of the selection process.
The User Agency shall:
- Issue a purchase order for purchased works and/or a purchase order or contract for commissioned work, which shall include terms of acceptance, installation and completion timeline, and payment schedule;
- Oversee the contract, payment of artist(s), and installation of the artwork; and
- Complete a Project Completion Form (pdf) which requires:
- All required photographic documentation of the artwork;
- Confirmation that the work has been labeled as required by this Handbook;
- Completed Artwork Inventory Sheet for each artwork;
- Completed Condition Report for each artwork; and
- Copies of any publicity or education materials relating to the project either previously published or prepared for publication.
All installed works of art should be labeled in the following uniform manner:
ARTIST (birth and death year)
Title, year completed
Medium, dimensions (HxWxD)
Purchased (year) with funds provided by Florida's Art in State Buildings Program (F.S. 255.043)
JAMES T. CARLSON (1941 - )
Yesterday's Memory, 1984
Oil on canvas, 48" x 62"
Purchased 1984 with funds provided by Florida's Art in State Buildings Program (F.S. 255.043)
This label format contains the minimum amount of information required by the Art in State Buildings Program. Expanded signage is encouraged to increase the viewers' understanding of the artwork and to convey more information about the artist. This expanded signage may consist of paragraphs added to the label, separate handouts, or some other format.