Kurt S. Browning
Secretary of State
For Immediate Release
January 15, 2008
Contact: Morgan Lewis
Division of Cultural Affairs
Twenty-Nine Individual Artist Fellowships Announced
Tallahassee, FLORIDA –
Secretary of State Kurt S. Browning announced today the 2008 Individual Artist Fellowship recipients. The Individual Artist Fellowship Program supports the career achievements of Florida's individual artists through monetary fellowship awards. The artists selected were recommended by peer review panels and the Florida Arts Council. Fellowship funds are used by the artists to support their general artistic and career advancement.
"The Department of State is delighted to be able to recognize the exceptional work of these artists through the fellowship program," said Secretary Browning. "Individual artists are the heart of Florida's great cultural landscape and it is vital that we recognize their outstanding artistic achievements."
Twenty-nine fellows were named through the program for a total of $140,000 awarded in the categories of Media and Visual Arts.
Names of the fellowship recipients can be found below or on the Division of Cultural Affair's Web site at http://www.florida-arts.org/grants/fellowship/. Literature, Theatre, Dance, Folklife, Interdisciplinary, and Music Fellowship candidates are eligible to apply by June 1, 2008 for the 2009 fellowship year. Guidelines will be available on the Division's Web site approximately 8 weeks prior to the June 1, 2008 deadline.
Visitors to the Division's Web site can find out more about each of the Fellowship recipients by clicking on the link: "meet the fellowship recipients." There, visitors can access work samples of each recipient in addition to biographical and contact information about the artists. The 2008 fellowship recipients listed below will be included on the Web site by May 2008.
The Individual Artist Fellowship Program is a grant program of the Division of Cultural Affairs. For more information about this program, please contact Morgan Lewis, (850)245-6356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2008 Individual Artist Fellowship Recipients by category:
- Eric Breitenbach, Seminole County
- Kiran Deol, Palm Beach County
- Vanessa Cruz, Flagler County
- Anthony Torres, Orange County
Visual Arts 3 Dimensional
- Blane De St. Croix, Palm Beach County
- Alain Guerra, Miami-Dade County
- Bryan Hiveley, Miami-Dade County
- Tim Ludwig, Volusia County
- Helen Otterson, Palm Beach County
- Gael Silverblatt, Palm Beach County
- Donna Sweigart, Pinellas County
- Frances Trombly, Miami Dade County
Visual Arts 2 Dimensional
- Todd Bertolaet, Leon County
- Linda Broadfoot, Duval County
- Clive King, Miami-Dade County
- Elisabeth Condon, Hillsborough County
- Dan Biferie, Volusia County
- David Almeida, Miami-Dade County
- Lilian Garcia-Roig, Leon County
- Rima Jabbur, Orange County
- Joelle Dietrick, Leon County
- Kari Snyder, Miami-Dade County
- Arnold Mesches, Alachua County
- Mark Messersmith, Leon County
- Maritza Molina, Miami-Dade County
- Carol Prusa, Palm Beach County
- Rebecca Sexton Larson, Hillsborough County
- Barry Sparkman, Miami-Dade County
- Steven Gregory, Hillsborough County