Director - Seven Days of Opening Nights
|Deadline||June 1, 2012|
|Sponsor||Seven Days of Opening Nights|
The University Relations Division
SPECIAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Director, Seven Days of Opening Nights Fine Arts Festival
Job ID # 34197
Florida State University is seeking Director, Seven Days of Opening Nights Fine Arts Festival. The Director is responsible for all aspects of the high-visibility arts festival at Florida State University from initial planning through final reporting.
Requirements: A Bachelor's degree and six years relevant experience or a combination of relevant post high school education and experience equal to ten years.
Preferred: Applicant should have demonstrated success in planning, managing and organizing projects and community relations events/activities. Preferred qualifications include at least five years experience in arts administration management, university-presenting and an advanced degree.
Essential responsibilities of the position:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting and performances of the FSU Fine Arts Festival entitled Seven Days of Opening Nights. This includes fundraising, marketing, advertising, contract negotiation, production, scheduling, ticket sales, sponsorship sales and sponsor relations, membership sales, publications, web site, social media, grant writing and other associated duties.
- Serves as the primary resource for the implementation and presentation of the Festival, working closely with administration and faculty in the arts, as well as the volunteer community council.
- Creates, implements and manages events supporting fundraising and friendraising activities of the Festival and other events supporting the mission of the University.
- Manages staff of part-time programs assistant and part-time fundraising/development coordinator.
- Manages membership and sponsor database.
- Works with various off-campus organizations in Tallahassee and the surrounding communities (e.g., arts organizations, City of Tallahassee, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee Community College, Leon County Schools, etc.) to create visibility and encourage collaboration.
- Establishes and implements procedures to improve and enhance constituent relations through University Relations.
- Responsible for Fine Arts Festival budget.
How to Participate
Application deadline: The position is open until filled. In order to receive full consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and a minimum of five references including telephone and contact information no later than June 1, 2012. Materials must be submitted through http://www.jobs.fsu.edu
How To Apply: Applications must be submitted online at http://www.jobs.fsu.edu.
This opportunity has been submitted by Seven Days of Opening Nights. The listing of the opportunity does not imply endorsement by the Division of Cultural Affairs. Contact Seven Days of Opening Nights with questions or for more information.